CS2303 THEORY OF COMPUTATION Question Bank Question Paper Model Question Paper Anna University Question Bank Important Questions 2 marks and 16 marks questions
CS 2303 THEORY OF COMPUTATION Question Bank Question Paper Model Question Paper Anna University Question Bank Important Questions 2 marks and 16 marks questions
CS2303 THEORY OF COMPUTATION
UNIT I AUTOMATA
Introduction to formal proof – Additional forms of proof – Inductive proofs –Finite
Automata (FA) – Deterministic Finite Automata (DFA) – Non-deterministic Finite
Automata (NFA) – Finite Automata with Epsilon transitions.
UNIT II REGULAR EXPRESSIONS AND LANGUAGES
Regular Expression – FA and Regular Expressions – Proving languages not to be
regular – Closure properties of regular languages – Equivalence and minimization of
UNIT III CONTEXT-FREE GRAMMARS AND LANGUAGES
Context-Free Grammar (CFG) – Parse Trees – Ambiguity in grammars and languages –
Definition of the Pushdown automata – Languages of a Pushdown Automata –
Equivalence of Pushdown automata and CFG– Deterministic Pushdown Automata.
UNIT IV PROPERTIES OF CONTEXT-FREE LANGUAGES
Normal forms for CFG – Pumping Lemma for CFL – Closure Properties of CFL – Turing
Machines – Programming Techniques for TM.
UNIT V UNDECIDABALITY
A language that is not Recursively Enumerable (RE) – An undecidable problem that is
RE – Undecidable problems about Turing Machine – Post’s Correspondence Problem –
The classes P and NP.
1. J.E. Hopcroft, R. Motwani and J.D. Ullman, “Introduction to Automata Theory,
Languages and Computations”, second Edition, Pearson Education, 2007.
1. H.R. Lewis and C.H. Papadimitriou, “Elements of the theory of Computation”,
Second Edition, Pearson Education, 2003.
2. Thomas A. Sudkamp,” An Introduction to the Theory of Computer Science,
Languages and Machines”, Third Edition, Pearson Education, 2007.
3. Raymond Greenlaw an H.James Hoover, “ Fundamentals of Theory of Computation,
Principles and Practice”, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 1998.
4. Micheal Sipser, “Introduction of the Theory and Computation”, Thomson Brokecole,
5. J. Martin, “Introduction to Languages and the Theory of computation”
Third Edition, Tata Mc Graw Hill, 2007
Click The Below Link To download CS2303 THEORY OF COMPUTATION Question Bank