EC 2353 ANTENNA AND WAVE PROPAGATION ANNA UNIVERSITY PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER, IMPORTANT QUESTIONS, 2 MARKS AND 16 MARKS QUESTIONS FOR EEE DEPARTMENT
ANNA UNIVERSITY PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER EC2353 ANTENNA AND WAVE PROPAGATION , IMPORTANT QUESTIONS, 2 MARKS AND 16 MARKS QUESTIONS FOR EEE DEPARTMENT
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL/MAY 2011
Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC 2353 — ANTENNA AND WAVE PROPAGATION
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)1. Define gain and directivity of an antenna.
2. What is the significance of radiation resistance of an antenna?
3. What are the applications of loop antenna?
4. Define Pattern Multiplication.
5. State Huygens Principle.
6. What are the features of pyramidal horn antenna?
7. What are the applications of microstrip antenna?
8. What are near and far field measurements?
9. Define maximum usable frequency.
10. What is meant by Faraday rotation?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 marks)11. (a) Derive the Electric and magnetic field quantities of Hertzian dipole. (16)
(b) Explain the following terms with respect to antenna:
(i) Polarization (4)
(ii) Effective aperture (3)
(iii) Directivity (3)
(iv) Antenna temperature (3)
(v) Radiation pattern. (3)
12. (a) Deduce the field quantities and draw radiation pattern for a half
wavelength dipole. (16)
(b) Two identical vertical radiators are spaced 4 / λ = d meters apart and fed
with currents of equal magnitude but with a phase difference ‘ β’.
Evaluate the resultant radiation for β= 0° and thereby identify the
direction of maximum and minimum radiation. (16)
13. (a) Explain the radiation mechanism of slot antenna with diagram. (16)
(b) Explain the special features of Reflector antenna and discuss on different
types of feed used with neat diagram. (16)
14. (a) With a neat sketch, explain the construction and operation of Helical
(b) Explain the principle of operation of Yagi-Uda array with neat schematic
15. (a) (i) Explain the mechanism of ionosphere propagation. (8)
(ii) How does the earth affect ground wave propagation? (8)
(b) (i) Explain the terms :
(1) Optimum working frequency
(2) Duct propagation
(3) Virtual height (10)
(ii) What are the effects of earth magnetic field? (6)