MG 2351 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT ANNA UNIVERSITY PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER, IMPORTANT QUESTIONS, 2 MARKS AND 16 MARKS QUESTIONS FOR EEE DEPARTMENT
ANNA UNIVERSITY PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER MG2351 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT IMPORTANT QUESTIONS, 2 MARKS AND 16 MARKS QUESTIONS FOR EEE DEPARTMENT
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL/MAY 2011
MG 2351 — PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
(Common to Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Electronics and
Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering)
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)1. Define Management.
2. Mention the role of Managers. (any two)
3. Define MBO.
4. Mention any two features of decision making.
5. Define Organizing.
6. Mention any two merits of performance appraisal.
7. Define Motivation.
8. What is organisational culture?
9. Mention any two advantages of budgetary control system.
10. What is Quality Control?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 marks)11. (a) Describe about the evolution of management thought.
(b) Explain about the major tendencies favouring the development of a
unified global theory of management.
12. (a) (i) What are the steps in the planning process? (8)
(ii) Mention any four advantages and four limitations of planning. (8)
(b) State and explain the common steps involved in a typical managerial
decision making process.
13. (a) (i) Mention the factors which are responsible for the emergence of
informal organizations. (8)
(ii) What are the steps involved in the process of delegation? (8)
(b) State and explain the basic steps involved in a typical selection
14. (a) (i) What are the basic leadership styles? Explain them critically. (8)
(ii) What are the barriers to effective communication? (8)
(b) (i) Name the motivation theories. Explain any two of them. (8)
(ii) Discuss on the components of Organizational culture? (8)
15. (a) (i) What are the steps involved in the process of controlling? (8)
(ii) Give an account of some popular non-budgetary control techniques.
(b) (i) Define productivity and identify the problems involved in
measuring the productivity of knowledge workers. (8)
(ii) What are the basic steps in planning the system in operations