GE 2021 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING ANNA UNIVERSITY QUESTION PAPER QUESTION BANK IMPORTANT QUESTIONS 2 MARKS AND 16 MARKS
GE2021-ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING ANNA UNIVERSITY QUESTION PAPER QUESTION BANK IMPORTANT QUESTIONS 2 MARKS AND 16 MARKS
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL/MAY 2010
GE2021 — ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
(Common to B.E./B.Tech. Third Semester Computer Science and Engineering,
Civil Engineering and Information Technology)
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)1. What are the three effects of deforestation?
2. Suggest three damages caused by the use of fertilizer.
3. Name various ecosystems.
4. Suggest three important features of forest ecosystem.
5. Suggest four important sources of air pollution.
6. Give two effects of noise pollution on human being.
7. What is acid rain? Explain.
8. Give two effects of global warming.
9. Give any two schemes of human health program initiated by Indian
Government on effects of population growth.
10. What are the advantages of family welfare program?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)11. (a) Explain the various renewable energy sources in the earth.
(b) Discuss the following :
(i) Land Resources. (4)
(ii) Land degradation. (6)
(iii) Soil Erosion and desertification. (6)
12. (a) Explain the structure and function of Ecosystem with a neat sketch.
(b) Explain the values of Biodiversity.
13. (a) Discuss the method of solid waste management by sanitary land filling
and thermal means.
(b) Explain various disaster management measures during Cyclone, floods,
earthquake and landsides.
14. (a) What is global warming? Explain the measures to prevent it. Also
explain the effects of global warming.
(b) Explain the effects of nuclear accidents with two case studies.
15. (a) Explain in detail various health schemes initiated by Indian
(b) Explain the role of Information Technology on Environment protection
and Human Health Protection.