M.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2010
BA 9210 — STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)1. Define Strategy.
2. What is mission?
3. Mention the five forces in Michael E Porter Model.
4. What is competitive advantage?
5. What is stability strategy?
6. Mention the 7s in Mckinsey framework.
7. What is power and conflict?
8. What is organizational structure?
9. Mention the role of technology in strategy development.
10. Highlight any four strategic issues in non profit organization.
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Discuss the corporate governance and social responsibility scenario in
(b) Explain the steps/process involved in strategic development with
12. (a) Apply Michael E Porter’s Five force model for any industry and company
of your choice and suggest a suitable strategy for the chosen company in
(b) Discuss distinctive competencies. How will you develop a sustainable
competitive advantage for the company? Give example.
13. (a) What is strategic analysis and choice? How will you do this? Explain with
(b) Discuss the importance of GE matrix and Balance score card with Indian
14. (a) Explain the techniques for strategic evaluation and control.
(b) Critically evaluate the match between strategy and structure. Discuss
the strategic issues involved in compatibility of strategy and structure.
15. (a) Highlight the role of technology and innovation in strategic management
(b) Discuss some of the new business models and strategies of Internet