M.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION, JANUARY 2010
BA 9202 — ECONOMIC ANALYSIS FOR BUSINESS
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. State the meaning of efficiency.2. Brief on externalities.
3. When does market equilibrium occur?
4. What do you mean by consumer surplus?
5. Write a note on ‘Factor Market’.
6. Give a brief account on competitive equilibrium.
7. What do you understand by Macro economics?
8. What is fiscal policy?
9. What does Okun’s law state?
10. Bring out the meaning of inflation rate.
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)11. (a) Enumerate and explain the fundamental economic problems.
(b) Examine the factor that determines the economic growth.
12. (a) Explain returns to scale and its types. What are the uses of returns to
(b) Describe the relation between production and cost function.
13. (a) Elucidate the different types of market structure.
(b) “A firm’s shutdown point comes where price is less than minimum
average cost” – Explain.
14. (a) What is national income? How is national income measured by income
(b) How are aggregate price and output determined by the interaction of
aggregate supply and demand? Explain with suitable illustration.
15. (a) Critically evaluate the impact of unemployment.
(b) Enumerate and explain the impact of monetary policy on business.